I love mushrooms! It’s one of those special ingredients that go well in any meal. From breakfast to dinner I never say no to mushrooms. Personally I think they get even more delicious when they are stuffed. It intensifies all the flavours and becomes this super special dish perfect to be served to guests and astonish them with a vegan meal. You will impress everyone with your cooking skills, even though it’s crazy easy to make. Also When I have guests I like to serve a dish that can go to the oven, simply because I can prepare everything in advance and be able to just pop it in the oven when everyone arrives allowing it to cook while I can be with everyone instead of being alone in the kitchen rushing to get the meal done.
These stuffed mushrooms are absolutely mouth watering. They have an intense and rich flavour that makes you feel warm and satiate making them such a winer among friends. I hope you love them!
4 Portobello Mushrooms (or any big mushrooms that you can stuff)
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 red bell pepper
2 red onions
4 garlic cloves
A little bit of parsley
1/4cup pine nuts
Salt, pepper and mixed herbs to taste
- Start by cooking the quinoa.
- Next prepare your vegetables. Finely chop the onions and garlic and Cut your peppers in small bits.
- In a stir-fry pan, heat the olive oil and once hot add the onion and garlic. Reduce the heat and let it cook for 3 min to soften the onion.
- Add the red pepper and while it cooks with the help of a little spoon remove the inside of your Portobello mushrooms adding it straight to your stir-fry pan together with the onion, garlic and red pepper.
- Add your condiments to taste (salt, pepper and dry mixed herbs).
- Mix it well and let it cook for 12 min till it all becomes a mushy paste at a medium heat.
- After the cooking time if you still see a lot of water in your pan released by the mushrooms, increase the heat to a maximum so all the water evaporates.
- Turn off and add your quinoa, parsley and pine nuts, mixing all very well.
- Stuff your mushrooms with the help of a little spoon and take it to the oven for 10 min at 180 degrees.
- Serve with some sweet potatoes chips and a nice colourful salad.
Top tip: This dish also makes a great starter if you stuff it with small mushrooms.