Has been a while since my last post! I have been extremely busy on my crazy mission to finish my nutrition degree! I am getting there and soon I’ll become a Nutritionist which is both exciting and scary! I’m up for the challenge and excited what the future may bring!
Now back to food because that’s what really matters here: yummy, healthy nutritious food to feed our temple 🙂
This recipe is great for breakfast on the go and also the perfect snack! You can soak the chia seeds in a nut milk overnight and make the delicious red fruits ice cream in the morning so you can carry it with you in a cute jar where ever you’re heading.
Hope you enjoy this #breakfastofchampions that has a great source of plant protein.
- 2 Heaped tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup Nut milk (I used almond)
- 1 Banana
- around 1/2 cup Frozen red fruits
- Optional: If you’re feeling cheeky 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar to sprinkle on top
- In a jar add the chia seeds and the almond milk and stir well for 20 seconds or so to ensure that all seeds are well mixed with the almond milk and after a couple of minutes I recommend mixing again just to ensure that it doesn’t create lumps. Let the chia seeds absorb the almond milk for at least 20 min (you can let them soak overnight in the fridge)
- Add to the blender the banana with the red fruits and blend till smooth
- If you’re feeling creative serve the seeds and the red fruits ice cream in layers with some coconut sugar on top for decoration and extra sweetness
Enjoy this wonderful treat that is super healthy and nutritious!