Is there a better breakfast than pancakes? It’s definitely one of my favourite breakfasts for the weekend. I simply decided to turn my porridge into a pancake recipe and voila. It’s so simple to make, with only very few ingredients and you mix it all up in one go. Each pancake is bursting with flavour ! The red fruits makes it really delicious and give the pancakes the perfect zing. They might make a great desert too! Hope you like it.
Makes around 8 pancakes
- 1 heaped cup oats (120g)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (130ml)
- 1 Hand full of pecan nuts (50g)
- 1/3 cup red fruits (100g)
- 2 small Ripe bananas
- 1tbsp agave syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil, for greasing the pan
1. Add to your food processor all ingredients except for the red fruits (oats, almond milk, banana, pecan nuts, agave syrup and a pinch of salt).
2. Process for a few seconds only till all ingredients combine but you still have some bits of pecan nuts.
Top tip: You can also assemble this without a food processor by simply chopping the pecan nuts and mashing the banana with a fork, add all the other ingredients and mix well.
3. Add in the red fruits and mix it all with a spoon very gently so the very delicate red fruits stay intact.
4. Heat a non stick frying pan with a tea spoon of coconut oil and drop in a big spoon of the batter for each pancake. When the sides start getting golden and some bubbles appear on the centre it’s time to put your best skills of turning pancakes at test and turn them around in a very stylish manner (if you’re like me this only happens in your head).
5. If you so desire you can stack the pancakes with thin slices of banana and a cheeky squeeze of agave syrup in between layers.
6. YuM 🙂