This is currently my favourite quick and easy cake. It’s so delicious and fluffy with a gooey middle and ever so easy and quick to put together. The key ingredient is cannellini beans. I know it sounds like an unusual ingredient for a batch of sweet blondies, but blended with nut butter and maple syrup, they give a wonderfully soft and chewy bake making this the most amazing healthy blondies ever. The fresh raspberries give a fresh kick making the cake squares extra special.
- 2 Flax eggs (2tbsp Flax seeds powder soaked in 5tbsp water)
- 150mL Agave/Maple syrup (1/2cup)
- 240g Cannellini Beans (400g Tin drained)
- 140g Almond butter (1/2cup)
- 80g Melted coconut Oil (1/3cup)
- 160g Spelt Flower (1cup)
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 150g Raspberries
- Pinch Salt
- Soak the flax seed powder in water and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C (fan). Line a baking tin with nonstick baking paper.
- Place all the wet ingredients (Agave, melted coconut oil, beans, almond butter and flax eggs) as well as the pinch of salt in your food processor or blender and process till well combined.
- Transfer your batter to a bowl, fold in the flour and most of the raspberries, then transfer the mix to a lined tin. Smooth to level. Scatter over the remaining raspberries.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C (fan) for 30-35 minutes till golden or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes away clean (cover with foil if it browns too much).