Granola makes such an easy and delicious breakfast. Goes really well with some yogurt but it’s also a great top up in smoothie bowls, porridge to make it crunchy and of course simply with some plant based milk goes also really well. My only problem till now was to get the perfect crunch point. I would either leave it for too long in the oven and I would get it burned, or not long enough and they wouldn’t be crunchy, or rather I would forget to mix them so only half of the tray with get toasted. This time I decided to toast them in the pan. It takes a lot less time and I was able to achieve a really nice and golden point. It’s so crunchy and delicious I can not stop eating them. But it’s totally fine because it’s super healthy with loads of nice fibre and good fats. Hope you like my quicker twist! x
- 2cups Jumbo Oats (200g)
- 2cups Pecans (200g)
- 1cup Pumpkin seeds (150g)
- 1cup Sunflower seeds (150g)
- 4tbsp Coconut Oils
- 4tbsp Agave syrup
- 2Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Chop the pecan nuts into smaller sizes
- Heat a large frying pan. Add the jumbo oats and the chopped pecans and cook it at medium to high heat for around 5 to 7 minutes and keep stirring
- Add the pumpkin and sunflower seeds and cook it for another 10 minutes at medium heat and keep stirring
- Add the coconut oil, agave syrup and cinnamon, stir all together to combine and cook for an extra couple of minutes or so. At this point the oats and nuts should be really nice and golden. It might not look like they’re crunchy just yet but once it cools down should be at the right point.
Top Tip: You can store the granola for several weeks in a hair tight container.