Porridge is definitely my favourite breakfast for the cold days. It’s so warm and comforting and yet so nourishing and health enhancing! I love how easy and quick it is to make, but at the same time, so very delicious. For me the secret is in the toppings that you choose. Red fruits are always an essential topping for me because its freshness contrasts really well with the warmth of the oats. I also love adding almond butter for extra creaminess and some times, seeds and cacao nibs to make it crunchy.
- 1/2 cup oats (I used Jumbo oats)
- 1 cup almond milk
- Cheeky squeeze of agave syrup
- 1 sliced banana
- Hand full of strawberries cut in halfs
- 1 tbsp Almond butter
- Tinny sprinkle of chia seeds
1. Bring to a boil the oats with almond milk (with the lid on top) and reduce the heat to medium. Allow it to cook for around 5 to 7 minutes till the liquid is all absorbed by the oats and creates a creamy texture.
2. Pour it into a bowl, add all your favourite toppings and then it’s ready to enjoy!