I made this porridge recently when all I had in the house to make breakfast was oats and banana. This recipe is perfect for when you’re lacking on toppings to add to the porridge as in general my favourite part of the porridge are the toppings. Though this one doesn’t require that as when mixing a mashed banana with your cooked oats, really creates the most amazing creamy and sweet texture. The way its cooked makes the porridge taste very special, like a treat!
If you have a date pop it in as it gives extra sweetness and creates a really rich and indulgent breakfast. A dollop of almond butter gives the final and very special touch, making it feel like a pudding!
I love how warming and soothing it is in cold rainy days and it’s also very quick to make! Healthy food to it’s best!
Serves one hungry belly 🙂
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Almond milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 mashed Banana
- 1 Date, cut in small pieces (with a scissors to make it easy)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
1. Bring to a boil the oats with almond milk and water and as soon it starts bubbling reduce the heat to low. Allow it to cook for around 4-5 minutes till the liquid is all absorbed by the oats and creates a creamy texture.
2. Turn off the stove, add the mashed banana, the date and a sprinkle of cinnamon if you wish and mix it well. Hhhhmm so creamy 🙂
3. Pour it into a bowl and slightly swirl the almond butter on top. Yum!