Protein balls are the best pick me up kinda snack. Chocolate ones even better. So easy to make and they keep so well in the fridge or freezer, I love having them at hand to take to work or on the go so I don’t end up buying snack that are no good for me. If you have a food processor you should definitely give this a go.
- 1cup (9-10) Medjool dates (165g)
- 1/2cup Almonds (75g)
- 1tbsp Raw cacao powder
- 1tbsp Cacao nibs
- 1tbsp Chia seeds
- 1tsp Maca root powder (optional)
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until they form a flour.
- Then pit the dates and add them to the food processor along with all other ingredients and blend until everything has mixed together and formed a nice sticky dough.
- Roll the mixture into equal sized balls and place in the fridge for an hour to set, then store in an airtight container in the fridge.