I’m loving this pasta dish so much that I feel that words can not describe how delicious it is this combination between the succulent tomato sauce and the super delicious vegan sausages but, I’m taking the challenge to describe it to you. I’m not a big fan of buying processed food like the sausages or burgers you get from the frozen aisle at the supermarket, but honestly this Tofurky® sausages are absolutely divine and seem to me healthy. They have a super rich flavour and a really nice firm consistency. You need this sausages in your life, it’s that delicious! I usually get mine from my local health food shop in Kingston but you can also find them at Planet Organic if you’re in London.
I really want the whole world to experience that a plant based meal can be so delicious and bursting with flavour and products like this, makes it really easy to demonstrate.
I hope you adore this pasta dish as much as I do. Get your friends and family involved, they will be impressed.
Serves 2 (hungry Silly sausages in the house)
- 300g pasta (I used brown rice pasta)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 Sausages
- 2 red peppers
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tin tomatoes
- pinch of salt
- generous sprinkle of oregano and another of chillies
1. Boil your pasta with a pinch of salt and a crushed garlic clove for taste.
2. Chop your peppers and sausages into chunky slices and stir fry them with the olive oil, salt, oregano and chillies at a medium to high heat so they get some nice grilled colour for about 4 minutes. Cover if necessary to not burn and stir often.
3. Add your tomatoes chopped in 4 pieces and stri-fry a bit more your concoction if you think it needs a bit more colour.
4. Add the tin of tomato sauce and stir to mix well. let it cook for a few minutes without lid to thicken the sauce.
5. Serve your pasta and pour in the sauce on top.
6. To finish, sprinkle with some more oregano. Yum!