Super Duper tasty Pasta Bake! You may think that I’m exaggerating, but if you try this recipe for yourself, your taste buds will be blown away with the flavours and texture this will bring to your mouth. It’s really creamy and has this soft taste of cheese with the same gooey texture that cheese provides but of course my version is plant based. This dish is perfect if you need to prepare something in advance to have it ready waiting for you when you get home. You can always increase the amounts and serve to friends and family. They will certainly ask for seconds.
Super easy to make, you basically just boil the pasta and make the sauce, pop it in the oven and that’s it a very tasty vegan pasta bake.
Super healthy as well and a great source of B12
Super, Super, Super!
- 300g Pasta
- 400g White potatoes
- 1 Carrot (around 75g)
- 1/2 White onion (around 70g)
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of Nutritional yeast (find it on Amazon or health food shops)
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the Potatoes, carrot, onion and 2 of the garlic cloves. Cut in small chunks and put to boil in 1 cup water (250mL) with a pinch of salt for around 8-10 minutes
- In a separate pan, cook the pasta as per packaging instructions with a pinch of salt and the remaining garlic clove slightly crushed with skin, for taste
- Once all veggies become soft, rinse the remaining water and place the veggies in a food processor with the olive oil, yeast flakes, ground black pepper and a bit more salt. Blend till super smooth and gooey
- Once the pasta is cooked, rinse it and place it in a baking tray
- Mix the pasta with half to 3/4 of your cheesy sauce and the rest of the remaining sauce just spread on top creating a coat layer
- Bake in the oven at high temperature just to toast the top for around 7-10 min