This salad is one of my go-to quick lunch or supper most weeks. The lentils are a great base for the salad as they add a hearty element to each bite, making it really satisfying, while the raw ingredients make the salad taste so fresh. The awesome thing about this though is that it looks and tastes really impressive but it comes together in less than 10 minutes and it’s really all so easy to make! It also stores very well, so it’s a great dish to make extra off so that you can take the left-overs to work the next day for lunch!
Serves 1 person
- 1 Pack of lentils (around 200g)
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 Red bell pepper
- 1/2 Avocado
- A few black olives (optional)
- Green leaves
- 3tbsp Olive oil
- 1tsp Miso paste (I used organic brown rice miso)
- Salt & pepper
- Rinse and wash the lentils and stir-fry at medium heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of miso paste and a sprinkle of salt & pepper for around 4 to 6 minutes till all the water has evaporated and the lentils get slightly roasted. Set aside.
- Cut all the other fresh ingredients (tomato, red bell pepper, avocado and olives) place in a bowl together with the green leaves and season with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt & pepper. Mix with the lentils and enjoy 🙂