Calling all cauliflower lovers as you will absolutely adore this double cooked cauliflower. It’s cooked with loads of spices creating an explosion of flavours in your mouth. Cauliflower is a great ani-inflammatory and provides high levels of vitamins and minerals which is another amazing reason to try this recipe. I love it as a starter dipped in some cheeky vegan mayo but it’s also perfect as a side dish. It’s also very delicious when cold, making a great addition to salads.
- 350-400g Cauliflower
- 1 Orange, zest and juice
- Hand full of walnuts (40-50g)
- 3tbsp Olive oil
- 1tsp Cumin seeds
- 1tsp Mustard seeds
- 1tsp Ground cumin
- 1tsp Ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- sprinkle of chillies
- Prepare the cauliflower by removing the harder stem, washing and cutting into bite sizes.
- To a frying pan add all the ingredients except for the orange juice and zest plus a few tablespoons of water, this will help to dissolve the spices and create a paste so it will better coat to the cauliflower. Cook the cauliflower at high temperature but with a lid on for the first few minutes, keep shaking the pan or stirring often so all the cauliflower heads get coated with the spices and roast evenly.
- Roughly chop the nuts into smaller sizes and add to the pan. Zest the orange to the pan and after juice it and keep stir-frying (no lid) for a few more minutes till the cauliflower starts to gain a golden colour.
- Put on a oven tray and cook for around 10-15 minutes at 180C to perfectly roast and intensify all the flavours.