I have a passion for kale. It’s Krispy, super tasty and you can do so many different dishes with it. I make this salad at least once a week. It is so easy to put together, super delicious and it is perfect to take with you to work even with the dressing. Normally verdures tend to get a bit mushy if we leave them with the dressing, but I guess kale is different. It intensifies its flavours, gets tender and it is still super yummy next day. I like to believe that my lovely grand mother would be proud of me for eating kale. She tried many times to feed me with Kale when I was little, but it was a no no for me. Most times she served it boiled with some animal next to it and I guess it didn’t appeal much to my eyes. That’s the thing about food, we can learn to enjoy anything provided by Mother Nature as long as we mix it with the right ingredients and make it with love of course.
Ingredients for one serving:
1 sweet potato
Half red pepper
2 handful of Kale (between 80 to 100g)
Sprinkle of pumpkin seeds
2tsp of brown tahini sauce
2tbsp olive oil
- Cut the sweet potato in bit sizes and roast them in the oven with a sprinkle of olive oil over maximum heat for speed for around 20 min. Keep an eye on them to not burn and perhaps give them a stir half way through.
- Wash your kale and remove the thicker stems.
- Rinse it well to get rid of all excess water so it doesn’t get mixed with your dressing giving it a blend taste.
- This is the fun step: massage the kale with your hands with all the dressing ingredients for around 2 minutes till you start feeling the kale getting softer.
- Cut all the other fresh ingredients, red pepper and avocado.
- Finally mix it all together and enjoy.