Pasta is one of my favourite dishes. It’s warm, comforting and super quick and easy to prepare. You can never go wrong with a pasta dish. This one in particular is one of my favourites so I had to write it down and share it. I learned this dish with my beautiful sister in law but I believe along the way I made a few tweaks here and there. I don’t know what’s the science behind it but some how the courgette with olive oil garlic and loads of pepper becomes the most delicious combination and when mixed with pasta it blows you taste buds mind with a burst of flavour. Give it a try and share your thoughts with me on the comment section below.
Serves 2 pasta lovers:
- 300g Brown Rice Pasta
- 800g Grated courgette
- 6tbsp Olive oil
- 4 big garlic cloves (20-25g)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- pinch of salt
- Start by grating the courgettes
- Put your pasta to boil as per packaging instructions, with a pinch of salt. (top tip: I boil my pasta with a crushed garlic clove for taste)
- In a large frying pan add the olive oil, pinch of salt, ground pepper and your grated courgette. Cook it in high heat to release all the water from your courgette. Stay close to the pan and stir every so often. This will take around 15 minutes till all the water has evaporated and your courgette has reduced to 1/3 into a soft texture
- At the point that your courgette starts to slightly stick to the pan you want to reduce the heat, crush your 4 big garlic cloves with the help of a garlic crusher (otherwise you will have to finely shop the garlic). Stir well and give it a taste to test if it needs more salt or pepper
- Turn off the hob and stir the pasta with the courgette to combine both
- Serve with extra sprinkle of black pepper on top. YuM!