I love this combo! One morning I wanted to have a “pick me up” before I went for a 13K run but I never had food prior a run before so I didn’t quite know what to have… I wanted something to boost my energy but it also needed to be light so I wouldn’t feel it weighing in my stomach while running. So I thought of having coffee, a lot of people do before running but it’s not quite a snack so I decided to mix it with my favourite run fuel, chia seeds! Well I think it’s the most delicious running snack you could have.
- 2tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/2cup Oat Milk
- 1 expresso
- 1 banana
- 1tsp agave or maple syrup (optional)
- 1tsp Peanut Butter
- Soak the chia seeds with the oat milk for about 15 minutes.
- Blend the banana with maple or agave syrup.
- Mix an expresso with your chia seeds.
- Layer to a pretty cup, start with half of the chia seeds, than the blended banana, a teaspoon of peanut butter, the remaining chia seeds and if you like take a little bit more expresso onto the cup so you have some coffee foam on the top.
- I like to mix it all before enjoying it so the sweetness of the banana get’s mixed with the chia seeds.