This recipe is perfect for when you get home and just want to make a very quick dinner but you also want it to be tasty and healthy at the same time.
I try my best to have as many green meals as I can and this one is definitely one of my favourites thanks to the delicious creamy sauce made with coconut milk and tamari. The sauce really makes a great link between the broccoli and the quinoa and it feels warm and clean. I make sure I have broccoli at least once a week because it’s full of amazing nutrients and I feel as if I will miss out if I don’t have it.
Broccoli has incredible benefits against cancer cells. In fact it has a very high capacity to kill several cancer cells due to its content of sulforaphane that also has the ability to cease cancer stem cells growth, which are very difficult to kill. It seems also to be able to revert some cancers making it such an amazing vegetable. So I advise everyone to have broccoli at least once a week. I really hope you like it this recipe.
1 Bunch of broccoli
Boiled quinoa (I used ½ cup boiled quinoa)
3 to 4tbsp Coconut milk or coconut cream.
2tbsp Tamari sauce
- Boil the quinoa and set aside. I usually steam the broccoli in bite sizes on a sieve on top of the boiling quinoa, till the broccoli gets slightly tender but still crunchy, for no longer than 3 min.
- Once the broccoli is slightly tender I stir-fry it with olive oil to give it some colour and extra taste, for around 3 minutes as well.
- Add the coconut milk to the broccoli (if possible use the thicker part of your coconut milk tin where the coconut is solid) and let it melt at a minimum heat.
- Add the tamari sauce and cook for 1 min only, mixing it very well.
- Place the quinoa in a bowl and on top add your broccoli with the coconut tamari sauce, so the quinoa can absorb it.
- Serve it simply with some avocado and green leaves or with a nice and colourful salad.